I’m a huge coffee drinker/addict. Like 3 to 5 and more per day easy. It’s my second budget here in Thailand ah, ah. I’m so much into coffee that my partner and friend Vic and I started a side project about coffee ^^. I found an interesting infographic about coffee that I wanted to share.
Here a resume of what you get inside:
If you want your morning coffee to really boost your productivity, you need to drink it right!
Your body produce is own natural caffeine (cortisol) and you should avoid taking coffee during your natural cortisol peak which are:
- Early Morning
So what are the solution?
Drink your coffee between your cortisol spikes:
9:30 to 11:30 AM
01:30 to 5:00 PM
Interesting coffee facts:
- Coffe boost speed as a potent stimulant but not creativity.
- It takes 15 to 45 minutes for caffeine to reach peak levels.
- Coffee as also an half-life about 5 to 6 hours.
- Coffee keeps headaches away.
- Eating grapefruit or healthy fat can slow the caffeine absorption and prolong the effects (Google Bulletproof Coffee).
- Smaller frequent doses of caffeine are much more effective than single large shot.
- Coffee is the world’s second most valuable traded commodity, only behind petroleum. (source)
- Energy drinks still don’t have as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee. (source)
- The world consumes close to 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day. (source)
- In Korea and Japan, there is a Cat Cafe where you can go to drink coffee and hang out with cats for hours. (source)
- The first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot. (source)
- Coffee beans aren’t beans. They are fruit pits. (source)
- In the beginning, Starbucks spends more money on health insurance for its employees than on coffee beans. (source)
- Instant Coffee was invented by a man called George Washington around 1910. (source)
- Coffee doesn’t taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor. (source)